Greensburg YMCA Code of Conduct
The Greensburg Y strives to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all members, guests, and program participants. To promote safety and comfort for everyone, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facilities or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct lists examples of prohibited actions. Such actions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using, possessing, buying, selling, or delivering alcohol or illegal substances on Y property, in Y vehicles, or at Y sponsored programs;
- Smoking on Y property – the Y and its property is a smoke-free environment;
- Carrying or concealing a weapon and/or any device or object that may be used as a weapon;
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any type of menacing behavior;
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way;
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry or vulgar language, name-calling or shouting;
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person on Y property, in Y vehicles or at Y sponsored programs;
- Unsafe or inappropriately distracting, immodest, or sexually revealing attire;
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property or injury to a person;
- Loitering within or on grounds of the Y;
- Engaging in conduct that unreasonably interferes with another member or staff person’s enjoyment of the Y;
- Use of cell phone and other electronic devices in restrooms, showers, and locker rooms at all Y facilities.
Members, guests and program participants are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by kindly asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort or unreasonably interferes with their enjoyment of the Y to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff person. Y staff members are ready to be of assistance.
In order to carry out these policies, we ask that members, guests and program participants identify themselves to staff when asked. The Director of Member, Donor and Community Relations will investigate all reported incidents. The Y reserves the right, among other things, to deny access, revoke membership, and/or remove any person from the facility on the spot who violates any of the above behaviors, or any other behavior that may be detrimental to others.
Three Strikes You’re Out
Y staff have the right to deny access at any time. The following disciplinary policy has been put in place for Code of Conduct violations not warranting immediate termination:
1st Offense: Verbal Warning
2nd Offense: Suspension of Membership for a minimum of three (3) days
3rd Offense: Termination of Membership for a minimum of one (1) year.
- ADULT MEMBERS (non-youth) are permitted two (2) guest passes per year.
- YOUTH MEMBERS are NOT permitted to bring guests.
- GUESTS are permitted to visit only two (2) times per year.
- GUESTS must be accompanied by the member at all times.
- Adult guests who have used their two (2) free passes may purchase day passes for $10 each.
- Guests are subject to the Code of Conduct as outlined above.
- Day passes may be purchased for $10 by non-members ages 18 and up.
- Day passes are good only for the date of purchase, regardless of time purchased.
- Youth are not permitted to purchase day passes for other youth.
- Adult Supervised Day Pass: An adult may purchase a non-member youth day pass for youth if and ONLY if the adult intends to stay with the youth while in our facility. All parties entering need to purchase a day pass, including the adult.
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Youth Memberships and draft information must be signed by the youth’s parent or legal guardian.
- Members must be current on their dues to be considered a member in good standing and gain access.
- Members must scan their membership card in order to enter our facility.
- Members must have their picture taken for identification purposes.
- To ensure we have a safe and secure facility, members are NOT permitted to hold doors for anyone or
give entry to non-members without first checking in at the Welcome Center. Allowing non-members entry
without staff approval is considered theft of service and will result in forfeiture of membership.
- Any member lending his/her membership card will forfeit their membership, and no refund will be given.
- All credit card and EFT draft returns will be assessed a fee of $35.00 per transaction returned.
- A non-refundable joiners fee is charged at time of registration.
- Memberships will not be refunded or extended due to lack of usage/business/travel.
- The Greensburg YMCA has a zero tolerance policy in regard to those persons who are convicted sex offenders.
The Greensburg YMCA reviews all members, non-members and guests against the National Registry of Sex
Offenders and cross reference the Pennsylvania Megan’s Law registry. All new members and guests over the age of 18 must present a valid photo ID to use our facilities or participate in programming. Failure to present a valid ID upon request may result in denied access until a valid photo ID is produced.
Cancellation of Membership
- Memberships must be cancelled in person before the 1st of the month in order not to be drafted for the month.
- Cancellations must be done in person by signing a Change of Agreement form through the Welcome Center where a receipt will be issued.
- Cancellations done on or after the 1st of the month will be terminated on the last day of the month and Members will have access to the facility through the end of the month.
- Valid for active, full facility YMCA members;
- Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time;
- Special memberships (including insurance memberships) are not eligible for Nationwide Membership.
We strongly encourage Members to LIKE us on Facebook to get up to date information on new
programs, special events, postponements, cancellations, etc. Visit us at www.facebook.com/gbgymca.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at “Greensburg YMCA”
Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps us share important updates and reminders with our Members. To receive messages, text @gbgyalerts to 8010. You can opt out of messages at any time by replying, ‘unsubscribe @gbgyalerts’.
The Greensburg YMCA offers quality affordable programs and services designed to benefit people of all incomes and backgrounds. The Greensburg Y provides financial assistance as funds are available to individuals and families who otherwise might not be able to participate in membership or programs. The YMCA’s financial assistance
program is made possible through contributions to our Annual Campaign.
Youth Age Restrictions: Please refer to the following chart for our youth age restrictions.
We offer four (4) total locker rooms with plenty of lockers and showers.
- Ladies Locker Room: The Ladies Locker Room is for women ages 18 and up ONLY. Children under the age of 18, even if accompanied by parent, are strictly prohibited from entering the Ladies Locker Room.
- Family Changing Locker Rooms: Our Family Changing Locker Rooms are located in the main pool area and are intended for families with young children and individuals with disabilities, as a priority.
- Youth members are NOT permitted in the Ladies Locker Room.
Food is not permitted in the Cardio, Cybex, Free Weight and other Fitness Areas, other than small work out drinks.
1. Shirts, shorts, pants, and closed-toe athletic shoes are appropriate for wellness areas. Midriffs should be covered.
2. No bathing suits are permitted outside of the pool and locker areas.
- Modest bathing suits only and no cut offs, shorts or undergarments permitted.
- Long hair must be tied back or in a bathing cap.
- Towels can be rented at the Welcome Center for .25 cents. They must be returned to the towel bin outside the Men’s Locker Room or to the right of the Welcome Center.
- The lifeguard has complete authority on the Pool Deck.
- Swimming is permitted only during scheduled hours when lifeguard is on duty.
- No running, pushing or shoving allowed in Pool Area.
- No prolonged breath holding permitted.
- Parents/Legal Guardians of non-swimmers must be within arm’s reach at ALL times.
Cardio, Cybex and Free Weight Room:
- Equipment is to be wiped down after each use.
- Personal Training is permitted only by Greensburg YMCA staff; outside Personal Trainers are strictly prohibited.
- Please limit cardio usage to one hour increments during peak times, no reservations.
- Please re-rack weights and return equipment/accessories to proper location.
- Member Engagement Specialists are on staff to assist with equipment orientation, please ask.
- Refer to the gym schedule located online for open gym dates and times.
- There are two Courts, Court A and Court B.
- Basketballs, volleyballs and soccer balls are available for loan by trading collateral for the equipment.
Unreturned equipment will be charged to the Member’s account.
- It is highly suggested that Group Exercise participants call and sign-up for the class they wish to attend.
- Members who sign-up are given priority should the class be full.
- All cycle classes are by reservation only due to a limited number of bikes.
- Entering a class after it has started is unsafe and not permitted. Members should inform the instructor prior to the start of class if they plan to leave early.
- YMCA Members may reserve a court, in person or over the phone, up to 24 hours prior. Please do not use the courts without a reservation.
- One hour maximum limit.
- Wallyball reservations can be made 24 hours prior for a two hour maximum/limit.
- Players must check in to the Welcome Center prior to playtime.
- Goggles and proper footwear are required.
- Black sole shoes are not permitted.