FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When are you reopening? We will reopen on Monday June 14. There are three ways to join or reactivate your membership:
- Online: Visit https://greensburgymca.org/join-online/ and follow the instructions to join anytime that is convenient for you.
- In Person on June 9 and 10: We will have the lobby open only (no fitness access) on June 9 and 10 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm for in-person joins. Please bring photo I.D. and a payment method with you.
- In Person any time after June 14: You may join in person during regular business hours starting the week of 6/14. Please bring photo I.D. and a payment method with you.
NOTE: As this time, we’re not accepting memberships over the phone.
If you have questions, please contact Member Services at 724-834-0150.
- What types of memberships are you offering?As part of our new sustainable model and based on membership feedback, we are introducing new membership options to better serve our community needs. CLICK HERE for more information on our membership types and benefits.
MEMBERSHIP TYPES AND PRICING
|MEMBERSHIP TYPE||AGE||JOIN FEE|
|Youth||0 - 17||$20.00||$18.00|
|18 - 25||$20.00||$26.00|
|Adult||26 - 61||$50.00||$40.00|
One Adult Family
|Two Adult Family||$50.00||$60.00|
Unlimited Group Exercise Classes
- Will join fees be waived? Yes! We will be waiving join fees to all members through July 31, 2021.
- Will June’s membership dues be prorated? Yes! June dues only will reflect half of the month rates. Full rate charges will begin in July.
- What is included in a regular membership? Members will have access to our wellness facility including cardio, Cybex, weight rooms, racquetball court, LIMITED pool access (see more below) and 8 group exercise classes per month. As in previous years, gymnasium use is limited in the summer due to summer camp programming. *NOTE: See more information below about access to the pool and unlimited group exercise classes.
- Are you accepting insurance memberships through Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit, Active and Fit, etc.? Yes. Please contact the Welcome Center for eligibility.
- Why is there an add-on fee for unlimited pool access and unlimited group exercise classes? Our prior membership model was not covering these incurred expenses. To be fiscally responsible, we have created two new add-ons to regular memberships.
+POOL: The pool add-on includes lane access and unlimited water group exercise at designated time slots. No reservation required. *Regular memberships will have access to the pool on a limited basis during designated open swim times.
Unlimited Group Exercise: The group exercise add-on gives members unlimited access to any group exercise class. *Regular memberships allow 8 group exercise classes per month.
- Do insurance members have to pay the $10/month for the +POOL add-on? Yes. This will be done via monthly draft.
- How will you monitor my +POOL pass? +Pool members will need to check in at the pool deck before entering the pools.
- How will you monitor my group exercise usage? Attendance at classes will be monitored by Y instructors utilizing our current sign-in sheets. If you have not purchased an unlimited group exercise pass, you will be referred to the Welcome Center to purchase a $10 unlimited pass for the remainder of the month.
- What are the Y’s new hours? We will have modified hours until we have hired necessary staff. Our new hours are as follows:
HOURS OF OPERATION: CYBEX, CARDIO, WEIGHT, RACQUETBALL COURT
|5:30 am - 1:00 pm||5:30 am - 1:00 pm||5:30 am - 1:00 pm||5:30 am - 1:00 pm||5:30 am - 1:00 pm||6:00 am - 3:00 pm||Sunday hours
|3:00 pm - 8:30 pm||3:00 pm - 8:30 pm||3:00 pm - 8:30 pm||3:00 pm - 8:30 pm||3:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
HOURS OF OPERATION: GYMNASIUMDue to summer camp and programming, gymnasium hours are limited.
|6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||6:00 am - 1:00 pm||Sunday hours will begin 6/27|
OPEN SWIM POOL HOURS (Regular Membership; NOT our +POOL Add-On)Access to pool limited to following days/times, considered "open swim". If you wish to have more pool access time, please add on the +POOL to your regular membership for an additional $10/month.
|5:30 pm - 7:30 pm||9:00 am - 11:00 am|
HOURS OF OPERATION: +POOLAdd-on +POOL to your regular membership for an additional $10/month to receive more pool time and unlimited water group exercise during the following +POOL hours or operation. No reservation required.
|5:30 am - 12:30 pm||5:30 am - 9:00 am||5:30 am - 12:30 pm||5:30 am - 9:00 am||5:30 am - 12:30 pm||6:00 am - 11:00 am||TBD|
|4:00 pm - 5:30 pm||4:00 pm - 5:30 pm||5:00 pm - 8:00 pm||4:00 pm - 5:30 pm|
|7:00 pm - 8:00 pm||7:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
- Where can I find the updated group exercise schedule? You can find our updated class schedule on our website and mobile app soon!
- Will Child Watch be provided? At this time, we are not offering child watch, but we hope to phase that in soon when we’ve hired necessary staff.
Temperature Checks: We will no longer conduct temperature checks. We encourage members to please remain home if ill.
Masks: The Greensburg YMCA are mandated to follow the CDC and Department of Human Services guidelines set for our facility and several of our programs, including our Early Childhood Learning Center, Summer Camp, and Adult Training Facility at the Armory. Because these programs interact throughout the building, we must designate certain areas of our building as “Mask Zones”.
Our mask policy is as follows:
- Individuals who are not FULLY vaccinated should be masked within the entire facility, with the exception of the pools.
- Vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals MUST wear a mask in designated “Mask Zones” due to CDC and Department of Human Services mandates for our child care programs. Mask Zones will be clearly marked. Mask Zone areas include:
- All hallways;
- All staircases;
- Gymnasium during summer camp only;
- Locker Rooms;
- 2nd Floor, ECLC;
- 4th Floor camp area;
- Adult Training Facility at the Armory.
- Members must sanitize all equipment immediately upon finishing their workout or usage, with the sanitization supplies provided;
- Areas where individuals sit (chairs, locker room benches, etc.) must be wiped down when finished, with the sanitization supplies provided;
- Water fountains will not be available at this time. There is a water bottle refill station available on the pool deck during pool hours. Water and other sports drinks will be available at the Welcome Center for purchase.
Still have questions about membership? Contact Member Services at 724-834-0150.