Our Heritage Foundation is an opportunity for the community to ensure the Greensburg YMCA will continue to positively impact future generations. The primary purpose of the Foundation is to generate income to be paid to the Greensburg YMCA to use a part of their general operating budget. This includes the preservation of facilities, as well as other specific purposes the Board of Trustees deems appropriate.For more information, please contact Suzanne Printz, CEO at 724-834-0150 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Investment Policy Summary
All gifts received by the Heritage Foundation are invested with the utmost care and responsibility by the selected Board of Trustees. Unless otherwise stipulated by the donor, the earnings from the invested funds will be reinvested to ensure the Endowment Fund balance will continue to grow. The Board of Trustees currently has a Fund balance goal of $1,000,000; prior to the distribution of income. A complete Investment Policy Statement is available upon request.
Spending Policy Summary
The primary purpose of the Greensburg YMCA Heritage Foundation is to generate income to be paid to the Greensburg YMCA to use as a part of their general operating budget. This includes the preservation of facilities, as well as other specific purposes the Board of Trustees deems appropriate. Until the Endowment Fund balance reaches its goal of $1,000,000; the Board of Trustees will reinvest all income earned by the Endowment Fund on an annual basis to further its growth.
How you can make a planned charitable gift:
- WILLS & BEQUESTS– A gift to the Foundation by will permits you to retain all of your assets during your lifetime and/or the life of your spouse. Designations may be for a percentage of your estate or for a specified amount.
- CHARITABLE TRUST– A charitable trust can provide income to you and your spouse as long as you both shall live. Thereafter, the trust principle will go to the Foundation. You may also name additional charities as principal recipients.
- LIFE INSURANCE– When the added protection of an insurance policy is no longer needed, transferring the policy’s ownership to the Foundation can result in tax benefits for you and a generous gift for the YMCA. The Foundation can also be included as a beneficiary of a policy.
- CHARITABLE LEAD TRUST- This provides current income for the Foundation for a specific period of time you determine: 5, 10, 15 years or more. At the end of the term, the assets are distributed to the loved ones you have designated.
- OUTRIGHT GIFT– A direct gift of cash, appreciated securities or real estate may be the most convenient way for you to make a contribution to the Foundation.
For more information, please contact Suzanne Printz, CEO at 724-834-0150 ext. 112 or email@example.com