GYST Swim Team
The Greensburg YMCA pool is home to the Greensburg YMCA Stingrays. Greensburg Y Swim Team (GYST) is members of the WPYSL and members of the United States Swimming Association. Swimmers will develop all of the competitive strokes while working on your endurance skills. They will have an understanding of belonging to a team, travel to different Y’s and make new friends. It’s a GREAT, FUN way to experience competitive swimming. Teams compete in the Y League swimming dual meets throughout the season. Those swimmers who meet qualifying times have the opportunity to travel to the YMCA District, State, and Nationals meets. All stingray swimmers must be members of the Greensburg Y. Our team is led by a passionate elite coaching staff along with enthusiastic volunteers. All Stingray swimmers must be members of the Greensburg YMCA in good standing and pay dues to compete.
We offer practices at two locations including McKeesport Area High School and the Greensburg YMCA. Swim team participants can swim at either location or both locations depending on their location. All meets are on Saturdays and are at the Greensburg YMCA and once per year; invitational is offered at the McKeesport location. Practices are Monday through Friday starting at 5:30 pm at McKeesport and 6 pm at the Greensburg Y. Practice concludes around 7 pm at McKeesport and 8 pm at the Y.
Seniors 15 years and older
Juniors 13 and 14 years
Preps 11 and 12 years
Cadet 9 and 10 years
Novice 8 and under
Age group determined by age as of December 1st for our GYST Fall and Winter Teams and May 1st for our GYST Summer Team.
SWIM TEAM DUES
Valid through September 15, 2019
|1 Payment||6 Monthly Drafts|
|2nd Child (same family)||$324.00 (10%)||$54.00|
|3rd Child (same family)||$270.00 (25%)||$45.00|
|High School Swimmer (No add'l sibling discount)||$144.00||$24.00|
Dues go in to effect September 16, 2019
|1 Payment||6 Monthly Drafts|
|2nd Child (same family)||$354.00 (10%)||$59.00|
|3rd Child (same family)||$294.00 (25%)||$49.00|
|High School Swimmer (no add'l sibling discounts)||$168.00||$28.00|
- Online registration is now available. You may also register in person at the Greensburg YMCA Welcome Center.
- MEMBERSHIP: You must be a member in good standing of the Greensburg YMCA in order to participate on the swim team. If you are not a member, you will need to stop in at the Welcome Center to establish your membership. Online registration will not work for non-members.
- HIGH SCHOOL SWIMMERS: There is a separate rate for swimmers who are swimming for GYST AND their high school team. You will need to contact Member Services to register. (If your child is NOT swimming on a high school team, they are to register under the “GYST Fall/Winter 2019” registration option.)
- PAYMENT OPTIONS: You have the option to make a full payment or monthly payments for swim team dues. For our monthly payment registrants: please make sure you “select all” dates when given the option.
- SIBLING DISCOUNT: If you have more than one child registering for the swim team, register the first child regularly, register the second child and at the payment page you will need a promotional code to receive the sibling discount (10% 2nd child discount). There is a separate promotional code for child #3 (25% discount). Parents with more than 3 children will need to contact the Welcome Center in order to process the additional discounts. You will need to contact the Y for a special promotion code in order to receive the discounted amount online.
GYST STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS:
Support Our Stingrays President
Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. — Erma Bombeck
Our Agency benefits greatly from the many skills, talents, time and effort provided by its volunteers. We appreciate this help very much, and look forward to working with you towards the common goal of putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body. Please fill out the information below to assist us in tracking your volunteer time and contributions, and also to assist us in keeping in touch with you regarding important events.